Minutes of July 26, 2016 Meeting
Mark Layman

When: Tuesday, July 26, 2016
Where: Donato’s Bexley
Time: 6:30pm
RE: Aladdin Shrine Photography Club

CALL TO ORDER: 6:36pm

ATTENDEES: Bob Albright, Owen Johnson, Fred Gischler, Dennis Gongwer, Mark Layman, Gene Steineman, Mike Tyne, Dick Yardley

APPROVAL OF MINUTES: Reading of the June 28, 2016 meeting minutes was waived.

TREASURER’S REPORT: Bank balance: $2214.24 (no change)

OFFICER’S REPORTS: None

UNFINISHED BUSINESS (Old Business)

-MEMBERSHIP: Take your camera to Aladdin functions and club/unit meetings both to get photos (possibly for use in the calendar and Aladdin’s Lamp) and to identify Shriners with photography interests who might like to join our club. Send photos to Frankie at The Lamp. Ask her to indicate that they are by the Aladdin Shrine Photography Club.

-2017 CALENDAR: We decided that the wall calendar format is what we’ll do again this year. It takes about a week turnaround time from when Dennis submits the order to when he receives it. To have it available at the Potentate’s visit on October 25, we need to be finalizing it in September. Mark will start to organize the candidate photos for the calendar.

-POTENTATE’S VISIT: The Potentate’s visit is on October 25. We have reserved the room downstairs at the Florentine for that evening. We need to take lots of photos of the Potentate for the photo collage gift. It was moved and approved that we give $100.00 to Elaine’s “Lady’s Project”. The check should be made out to “Aladdin Shrine” with “Lady’s Project” in the memo.

-OUTINGS: The topic for this evening was landscapes and flowers at the Franklin Park Conservatory. The August 23 topic will be portraits, probably focusing on outdoor portraits.

-CALENDAR RAFFLE: with unique numbers – This is a money making program that the Divan is considering and, if they go forward with it, they are considering using our 2017 Calendar.

-PRINTS FOR THE LOBBY BOARD: John Knoepfler’s company can make us a banner for the case, saying “Photographs by the Aladdin Shrine Photography Club” and another banner to give contact information. They will be $20 each. We will get 4×6 prints of parades, ceremonials and other events and put them in the cabinet along with the banners. Prints are only 29¢ each at Walgreens and are good quality.

-Parades and other photo ops:
BALTIMORE PARADE AUGUST 6 SATURDAY 9:30am – Mark & Clyde

BUCYRUS PARADE AUGUST 19 FRIDAY 6:00pm – ?

GROVE CITY ARTS IN THE ALLEY PARADE SEPTEMBER 17 SATURDAY 8:30am

JACKSON APPLE FESTIVAL PARADE SEPTEMBER 24 SATURDAY  6:45pm – ?

CIRCLEVILLE  (PUMPKIN SHOW) PARADE OCTOBER 21 FRIDAY 7:00pm – Mark

WESTERVILLE CHRISTMAS PARADE DECEMBER 4 SUNDAY 12:45pm – Mark

Potentate’s “Trains & Parks of Colorado” trip Sep 10-18 will be covered by Owen.

Imperial July 3-7, Tampa: Bob and Owen provided photos.

River cruise: Owen and Gene provided photos.

Stag picnic was not covered.

Family Picnic: Mark provided photos.

-Archive room photos: We have been approached a couple of times about taking photos of plaques and photos that are in the archive room. The idea is to digitally preserve the items and then no longer keep them. This would be a good project for the club next winter.

-Divan photos for 2017 – will probably be in December

NEW BUSINESS

-This is our club’s 3rd anniversary meeting. We started on July 23, 2013. The possibility of becoming a unit is being revisited (this possibility was considered when the club was created). Gene will send Mark the email he has from Don Goodman regarding the procedure for converting a club to a unit.

-Renewal of website domain ($17.99) and hosting service ($95.88) plus tax ($7.37), for a total of $121.24, was approved.

-Photos of LOS Thea Court members and creation of a photo directory – Dennis’s company can do the directory. Dennis can provide pricing when we know more about the size of the directory. We should be able to get more information about this project in September when LOS Thea Court reconvenes.

-Club officers for 2017 – we will vote in September. Dennis is willing to continue and VP and Secretary, and Owen agreed to be Treasurer as long as Mark continues to do most of the Treasurer work.

-Picasa was installed on Owen’s PC. Others may want to have Picasa installed on their PC at a future meeting.

Print Friendly

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *